Here’s a recipe for a classic rum cocktail called the “Mojito.” It’s a refreshing and minty drink that’s perfect for warm weather.
**Classic Mojito Recipe:**
– 2 oz (60 ml) white rum
– 1 oz (30 ml) fresh lime juice
– 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
– 6-8 fresh mint leaves
– Soda water (club soda)
– Ice cubes
– Lime wedges and mint sprigs for garnish
1. **Muddle the Mint:** In a glass, add the fresh mint leaves and granulated sugar. Use a muddler or the back of a spoon to gently muddle (mash) the mint leaves and sugar together. This will release the mint’s essential oils and flavor.
2. **Add Lime Juice:** Squeeze the fresh lime juice into the glass with the muddled mint and sugar.
3. **Add Rum:** Pour the white rum into the glass.
4. **Add Ice:** Fill the glass with ice cubes, leaving some space at the top.
5. **Top with Soda Water:** Pour soda water (club soda) into the glass, filling it to the top. You can adjust the amount of soda water to your taste, making it as strong or light as you prefer.
6. **Stir:** Gently stir the mixture with a long spoon to combine all the ingredients.
7. **Garnish:** Add a sprig of fresh mint and a lime wedge to the glass for garnish.
8. **Enjoy:** Your classic Mojito is ready to be enjoyed. The combination of mint, lime, and rum creates a delightful and refreshing cocktail.
You can also try some variations of the Mojito by adding different fruits or flavors:
– **Strawberry Mojito:** Muddle fresh strawberries along with the mint for a fruity twist.
– **Pineapple Mojito:** Add pineapple juice or muddled pineapple for a tropical flavor.
– **Coconut Mojito:** Use coconut rum and coconut water or coconut cream for a coconut-infused Mojito.
– **Blueberry Mojito:** Muddle fresh blueberries along with the mint for a sweet and colorful twist.
Remember to adjust the sweetness and tartness to your liking by varying the amount of sugar and lime juice. Enjoy your Mojito responsibly!